Natasha Brooks serves as the City Attorney for the City of Odessa. Ms. Brooks is an active member of Macedonia Baptist Church in Midland, Texas.
Education & Licensure
Ms. Brooks received her Bachelor of Arts from Baylor University and attended the St. Mary's University School of Law for her juris doctorate. She is licensed to practice law in Texas and is admitted to practice law in the United States District Court, Western District of Texas, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Prior to her appointment, Ms. Brooks served as a Senior Assistant City Attorney for the City of Odessa since 2015. In that position, she primarily advised elected officials, departments, employees, and citizens on a wide variety of legal issues advised several boards, including the Odessa Development Corporation and Planning and Zoning commission. Prior to joining the City of Odessa, Ms. Brooks practiced municipal law for 11 years with the City of Midland as an Assistant City Attorney.
Ms. Brooks serves on the Local Bar Services Committee for the State Bar of Texas, and is a member of Texas City Attorney's Association. She is also a:
- Past member of the State Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
- Past President of the Ector County Bar Association
- Treasurer and District Director of the Texas Young Lawyers Association where she received the Joseph Prichard Inn Outstanding Director Award and is the 2 time recipient of the President's Award of Merit
- Past Vice President of the Midland County Young Lawyers Association
- Co-Chair of the Texas State Bar Minimum Continuing Legal Education Committee