File a Police Report Online
If your incident is an emergency such as witnessing a crime as it is happening, please call 911.
Should I File Online?
Using the Citizens Online Police Report System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- Is this an emergency?
- Did this incident occur outside the City limits of Odessa?
- Are there any known suspects?
- Did this occur on a state freeway?
- Are there any Injuries?
- Is there any crime scene evidence?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions please review our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions.
Citizens Online Police Reporting System
If you answered "no" to all of the questions, you are ready to file your report online through our Citizens Online Police Reporting System. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Using the Odessa Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents:
- Abandoned Vehicle / Parking Problem
- Annoying Phone Calls / Harassing Phone Call
- Animal Complaints / Dead Animal
- Beer Run / Merchandise Theft
- Burglary of coin-operated machine
- Civil Issue (Property, Child Custody Violations, Evictions, etc.)
- Credit Card / Debit Card Abuse / Fraud / Forgery
- Hit and Run Crashes
- House watch request
- Identity theft
- Lost Property
- Lost identification
- Minor Crashes (Property Damage Only)
- Package Theft (Online Shopping Package Stolen)
- Theft from vehicle
- Theft of auto accessories
- Theft of bicycle
- Property Theft
- Theft of Services
- Vehicle Burglary
Upon completion of the online report process you will:
- See the words "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records
- The Citizens Online Police Report System can be used to download the Automobile Accident/Hit and Run form
- You may also register your alarm online or download the Alarm Registration form
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed by a staff member of the Odessa Police Department in a prompt time frame.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Reports may not be reviewed until Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm If you need a quicker response than this, please call the Odessa Police Department at 432-333-3641
- Notice: filing a false police report is a crime